Monday, September 25, 2006

I Love The Smell Of Skimate In The Morning


I was given this over sized Euro-Reef RC-500 by my boss at Caesars. It just did not fit right on the 300 gallon reef. So I took it home. It's an external model. But I am going to put in a sump. I have had a couple of these lg. external skimmers leak from the seals around the pump. I'm not going to let that happen again. I have used a number euro-reefs skimmers and love the ease of the plug and play design it's great. My favorite euro-reef model is their smallest it is the RS-80 it is rated to only +/- 80 gallons. But it will out work anything that is comparable to its size.
The last time I was impressed with a skimmer was back in 1984 when I bought my first Sanders skimmer. It was 30" tall and had two large lime wood airstones, a Dynamaster piston pump to run it. I remember thinking that it couldn't get better than this. Oh how time fly's when your messing around with your reef tank. If you have opinions on skimmer brands or anything else feel free to post a comment.

Keep on Reefin'
James

No comments: